SPM Polyamide Hawsers (Polyamide Double Braided)
- SPM Rope are of a circular braid design and they have been developed to give a rope extra protection against wear and tear without significantly changing the primary characteristics. It is a logical development from the double-braid, where the outer braid both protects the inner braid and contributes to the strength.
- In the circular braid design this duality has been abandoned. The cover is optimized for wear and abrasion resistance and the core(s) are optimized for strength or fatigue. This results in both a higher strength and a better design life than with other rope designs.
- The Hawser Each end should be spliced and have galvanized cast SPM type thimble. Rope around thimble should be protected with polyester tubular cloth. Thimbles are encapsulated with polyurethane anti chafe sleeves constructed from elastomer coated polyester cloth (nominal thickness 6 mm). Hawser length should be fitted with tubular floats. Floats must commence from chafe protection of one end and ends at 25 ft from the thimble of other end. Float specifications and No. of floats should be specified. The Hawser manufacturing should be in accordance with OCIMF 2000 standard. Hawser length should be fitted with tubular floats.
- The Hawser manufacturing should be in accordance with OCIMF 2000 Standard.
- Material: Polyamide (nylon 66)
- Construction: load-bearing cores with a protective cover of polyamide.
- Application: Marine, fishing
- Color of rope: White with green marker yarns
- Approx. spec. density: 1.14 non-floating
- Melting Point: 215 ℃
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent
- U.V Resistance: Excellent
- Temperature Resistance: 80 ℃ Max continuous
- Chemical Resistance: Reasonable, acids, oxidisers & solvents will affect nylon.
- Dry & Wet Conditions: Wet strength ± 5% lower than dry strength
- SPM Polyamide Hawsers are manufactured in according with OCIMF 2000 regulations.
- Weight: ± 5% Tolerance.
|Single Leg Type
|Single Leg Type
*Other sizes available upon request.